Stage 2 Offshore Hydraulics - Webinar & Practical (4 day course) - ON REQUEST
Course aims/who is it for?
These WEBINAR MODULES are designed to increase and improve the knowledge of Maintenance Staff at all levels managing a variety of systems supporting the Offshore Sector.
This course will extended knowledge and skills, enable staff to better maintain and manage Hydraulic Systems and carryout their duties, following safer working procedures.
Communication skills will be improved and with this further level of knowledge and understanding Staff will work together with greater synergy.
Please take our quick 3 minute survey to help us specially tailor more great Home-based Webinar Courses – Courses Survey
We welcome you to attend our online TECHNICAL WEBINARS presented by NFPC Training Engineers with a vast knowledge and experience involved in the maintenance and management of FLUID POWER SYTEMS. Each Module will be presented online via ZOOM and Candidate Group numbers per session will be limited to a maximum of 8 and hosted by NFPC Training Engineers.
We plan to provide you with an experience close to that of an actual Technical Lecture at the NFPC, allowing you to ask questions throughout the presentations and with our small group approach and the experience of our staff we will further increase your knowledge and understanding of Hydraulics- linked to the Offshore
Further to this, our Webinar Co-ordinator at the NFPC will contact you and assist you in everyway to establish ZOOM on your home computer system, thereby ensuring that you can gain maximum benefit from our Webinar presentations
Finally, we do advise YOU to visit the NFPC website “Home-Page” and check out your current knowledge levels using our FOC Self Assessment Questionnaire.
2 x Day Home Based Webinars (For Availability please contact Anne Clarke at NFPC 01909 504539)
2 x Day Practical Training at NFPC at a later date
(£300 per day, per Webinar Module, per person = (£300 plus VAT)
Follow on practical training days (Monday and Tuesday)
Price: £300 per day- per person plus VAT for each Webinar Module then £300 plus VAT per day, per Practical Training Module (to be paid on return to the Centre).
Check availability contact Anne Clarke at NFPC Tel: 01909 504539 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You can only book this course if you have completed a Stage 1 course or if the relevant pass mark has been obtained on our self-assessment courses.
PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE ALL OF THE FOLLOWING BEFORE BOOKING THIS COURSE:
- PC, Laptop, Tablet or mobile phone with internet capability.
- Internet connection capable of audio and/or video link (you can access zoom just by audio).
- Microphone (either built in to your PC, Laptop, Tablet, mobile phone or separate item).
- Video Camera (either built in to your PC, Laptop, Tablet, mobile phone or separate item).
- Ability to download the Zoom software and install (automatically from the meeting invite link).
Stage 2 Offshore Hydraulics Webinar Modules will be offered from 17th August 2020:
- All Modules (1-4) – Please call the NFPC Office to arrange a booking
9:00am to 10:30am // BREAK // 10:45am to 12:15pm // LUNCH // 1:00pm to 2:30pm // BREAK // 2:45pm to 4:15pm
We will schedule more of these Webinars based on demand.
Content covered in this courses Webinar Modules 1 & 2:
- The function of pilot controlled DCV’s, logic cartridge valves, proportional valves & load holding valves.
- Operation and performance of pumps and pump controls in common use
- The recommended procedures to follow for installation and commissioning
- The maintenance techniques in current use and their effectiveness.
- The causes of failure in a hydraulic system and the fault finding procedures to follow.
- Risk assessment and the health and safety requirements for hydraulic systems.
Content covered in Follow-on PRACTICAL SKILLS DEVELOPMENT Modules 3 & 4:
- Build hydraulic circuits by interpreting a hydraulic circuit diagram.
- Set pressure control on pumps, relief valves and counterbalance functions.
- Connect the electrical interface to the hydraulic controls using manual switches and pressure switches.
- Build and test a winch circuit
- Apply load holding techniques.
- Set up an amplifier to operate a proportional DCV
- Compare pump pressure compensator and load sensing controllers.
- Apply specific fault finding techniques to hydraulic circuits.
Message from John R Savage- NFPC Director – We are aware that these unprecedented times are new to us all. This initiative by the NFPC Engineers to develop a range of Knowledge Based Webinars will provide you with an element of Continued Development, adding further value to you in your place of work, when you eventually return.
We are also aware that the NFPC, has built its World Class reputation based on its EXTENSIVE PRACTICAL FACILITIES used to improve both SKILLS and ROLE COMPETENCY- Not all is lost- When the world returns to normal, you can attend the NFPC and pay an additional FEE and we will welcome you to a short REFRESHER and that of HANDS-ON PRACTICAL HYDRAULICS- see below.
Modules 1 & 2 Webinars & Modules 3 & 4 Follow-on Practical Skills Development Days at the NFPC are now all bookable.
To check availability and reserve your Modules, contact Anne Clarke on 01909 504539 or email@example.com
Invitation to the Webinar will be 15 minutes before the official start time.
For you gain maximum benefit from our Webinars, you must ensure that your home computer system can effectively launch ZOOM. If you are in doubt before placing your order, feel free to contact the NFPC. We will provide you with a written step by step plan and support you all the way. This is the guarantee that when you pay for these Webinar, you will gain maximum benefit.