Safe Management of Hydraulics Systems
Designed for Maintenance/Service Staff at all levels, Managers, Inspectors, Advanced Apprentices and Technical Representatives. This course builds upon your Knowledge gained whilst attending the Stage 1 Hydraulics Course
Every job can be dangerous or lead to someone carrying out work in an unsafe manner.
LIVE hydraulic systems can be dangerous but no more dangerous than YOU if you are not effectively trained to assess the RISKS and put in place the necessary safeguards
This course uses a “down-to earth” approach to a very important part of your daily work, applying SAFE WORKING PROCEDURES at all times
1 Day Course (9am – 5pm)
£300.00 per person + VAT
The cut off date to book onto this course is 7 days before the start date
Candidates will receive a comprehensive set of course notes, lunch, refreshments and certificate of attendance.
Stage 1 Hydraulics or equivalent.
If your job role involves any of these:
- the importance of personal hygiene and the use of PPC
- the importance of effective training and familiarisation of the equipment upon which they work.
- where hazards can occur within fluid power systems (involving hydraulics, pneumatics and the electrical interface)
- the causes of hazards in fluid power systems
- the preventive measures to be taken to minimise and manage the risk
- the safe working procedures to follow when carryout any work on fluid power systems
Your role may include:
- Selecting/specifying parts
The purpose of the course is to enable you:
- To identify the possible dangers assess the HAZARDS.
- To manage the risk by applying preventive measures
- To apply sound, sensible working procedures to effectively manage the tasks involved SAFELY.
After attending the Stage 1 Hydraulics course, you can attend a further 2 days to become certified to an International standard by gaining the competence based BFPA/CETOP Level 1 Hydraulics qualification (an additional cost of £550.00 + VAT per person is required and a certification fee of £35 + VAT is payable to BFPA). Please contact us if you wish to become certified after completing your Stage 1 Hydraulics course.
HAVE YOU COMPLETED A STAGE 1 HYDRAULICS COURSE?
If not, we recommend that you take our free self-assessment test, this will test your technical knowledge and will give you a % mark at the end and will recommend what course you should attend.
Please note: this is your responsibility to ensure that you have the required pre-requisite knowledge before booking this Stage 2 course. However, this is a recommendation only.