Mathematics Applied to Hydraulic Systems - 1 Day Course
Designed for staff at all levels involved with Hydraulic Systems and where the use of mathematics and formulae are used to establish component sizes, performance and efficiency.
To many, this course will be an excellent REFRESHER and is definitely a recommendation to those planning to acquire a CETOP Level 2 or 3 Qualification.
This down-to-earth course will refer throughout to Hydraulic System Components and NFPC Systems Training Engineers will ensure that everything presented to you during this course will be “useful” and help to improve your overall performance when Applied Mathematics are to be used.
1 Day Course (9am – 4pm)
Candidates will receive a comprehensive set of course notes, lunch, refreshments, and certificate of attendance.
The course will cover:
- Basic formulae and units including transposition and BODMAS
- Short form/fast track formulae and their application
- Cylinders- relationship between dimensions, flow rates and speeds
- Laminar and Turbulent Flow, Reynolds Nos/Flushing
- Cylinders- relationship between, pressure, area and force
- Pumps – Input powers, size, flow rates and efficiencies including gear box torque efficiencies
- Flow rates in pipes, hoses, fittings and valves- associated pressure drops
- Moving Loads- Associated forces, load induced pressures and outside effects including intensification
- Hydraulic Motor Performance – pressure/torque relationship, speeds, flow rates and efficiencies