Winch Hydraulics Systems
This course is for Technicians and Engineers involved in the maintenance and management of winch systems involving a range of hydraulics and controls and across such sectors as: Offshore/marine, fishing, dockside, construction and crane applications Also ideal for company technical representatives
The course has a HIGH PRACTICAL content.
3 Day Course (9am – 5pm)
£900.00 per person + VAT
The cut off date to book onto this course is 7 days before the start date
Candidates will receive a comprehensive set of course notes, lunch, refreshments and certificate of attendance.
None, however it is the ideal next step for those who have already attended the NFPC “Introduction to Hydraulics Course”.
On completion of this course candidates will:
- Know the types of winch in common use across a range of industry applications and associated terminology.
- Be able to identify the hazard and manage the risks associated with winch maintenance.
- Know the function, operation, application and control of the major components including winch construction.
- Know the principles of load sensing and associated valves, pumps, motor drive systems and motion control valves.
- Know the procedures to follow when carrying out effective installation, commissioning and fault diagnosis.
- Know the causes of failure in hydraulic systems and importance of good contamination management at all times.
After attending the Stage 1 Hydraulics course, you can attend a further 2 days to become certified to an International standard by gaining the competence based BFPA/CETOP Level 1 Hydraulics qualification (an additional cost of £550.00 + VAT per person is required and a certification fee of £35 + VAT is payable to BFPA). Please contact us if you wish to become certified after completing your Stage 1 Hydraulics course.
HAVE YOU COMPLETED A STAGE 1 HYDRAULICS COURSE?
If not, we recommend that you take our free self-assessment test, this will test your technical knowledge and will give you a % mark at the end and will recommend what course you should attend.
Please note: this is your responsibility to ensure that you have the required pre-requisite knowledge before booking this Stage 2 course. However, this is a recommendation only.