Apprentice & Undergraduate Summer School
This course covers 8 days of tuition, knowledge and skills development plus a written examination and ‘one-to-one’ practical assessment
Dates Week 1 The National Fluid Power Centre has some of the BEST practical training facilities in Europe and highly experienced Training Engineers able to provide outstanding tuition and training to YOUR Apprentices and Undergraduates. By investing in these young people, you are investing for your future and that of your company.
The course has a HIGH PRACTICAL content.
Duration: (8 days starting Monday 1 p.m. – Friday 12.30 each week)
8 days (1pm Monday – 12-30 Friday)
The cut off date to book onto this course is 7 days before the start date
Candidates will receive a comprehensive set of, course notes, lunch, refreshments and a certificate of attendance plus 18 hours of CPD and a CETOP Level 1 Competence Based Qualification
- To ensure candidates have a better overall knowledge and understanding of hydraulic system components, their function, operation and how they form a working circuit.
- Improve communication levels as terminology is better understood, together with key aspects of health and safety, resulting in improved levels of safe working practices when working with and around hydraulic systems
On completion of this course candidates will know:
- Fundamental hydraulic principles
- Symbols and circuitry
- Component function and operation
- Hydraulic fluids and contamination control
- Hoses and couplings
- Maintenance procedures and safe working practice
During the practical section of this course candidates will engage in and apply the following skills:
- You will build working circuits, go through setting up procedures and safe working practices, investigate performance and record results.
- You will gain knowledge and skills to improve your work based performance
All delegates will receive a comprehensive set of support notes, lunch, refreshments along with a certificate of attendance for the Hydraulic Awareness and Stage 1 Programme.
All successful candidates will have to pay a certification fee of £35 + VAT directly to the BFPA to receive their CETOP Level 1 Hydraulics Certificate. You can do this online via the website www.bfpa.co.uk