Advanced Apprentice & Undergraduate Summer School
£1,775 + VAT per person
8 DAY COURSE | OVER 2 WEEKS
UPCOMING: WEEK 1: 15th – 19th JULY 2024 | WEEK 2: 22nd – 26th JULY 2024
This course covers 8 days of tuition, knowledge and skills development plus a written examination and ‘one-to-one’ practical assessment.
The National Fluid Power Centre has some of the BEST practical training facilities in Europe and highly experienced Training Engineers able to provide outstanding tuition and training to YOUR Advanced Apprentices in their final years and Undergraduates. By investing in these young people, you are investing for your future and that of your company.
CANDIDATES WILL COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING AS PART OF THIS PROGRAMME
- Introduction to Hydraulics
- Introduction to Electrical-Electronics
- Stage 1 Hydraulics
- CETOP Level 1 Hydraulics Competence based Qualification awarded by BFPA
The course has a HIGH PRACTICAL content.
8 Days | 4 days per week
Starting Monday 1:00pm and ending Friday 1:00pm
The cut off date to book onto this course is 7 days before the start date
Candidates will receive a comprehensive set of, course notes, refreshments and a certificate of attendance. Plus a CETOP Level 1 Competence Based Certificate for those who successfully pass this qualification.
- To ensure candidates have a better overall knowledge and understanding of hydraulic system components, their function, operation and how they form a working circuit including basic electrical control.
- Improve communication levels as terminology is better understood, together with key aspects of health and safety, resulting in improved levels of safe working practices when working with and around hydraulic systems.
On completion of this course candidates will know:
- Fundamental hydraulic principles
- Symbols and circuitry
- Component function and operation
- Hydraulic fluids and contamination control
- Hoses and couplings
- Maintenance procedures and safe working practice
- Basic Electrical System applied to Hydraulic Applications
During the practical section of this course candidates will engage in and apply the following skills:
- You will build working circuits, go through setting up procedures and safe working practices, investigate performance and record results.
- You will gain knowledge and skills to improve your work based performance