Stage 3 (Advanced) Mobile Hydraulics
Designed for Plant Managers, Engineers, Technicians & Craftsmen involved in the maintenance & management of fluid power systems, also Technical Representatives dealing with Mobile Plant
This same course also provides this same advanced level of knowledge to support those considering progressing towards a CETOP Level 3 Competence Based Qualification awarded by the BFPA
The course is KNOWLEDGE BASED COURSE.
5 days (9am to 4pm each day)
£1350.00 /pp +VAT
Candidates will receive a comprehensive set of, course notes, lunch, refreshments and a certificate of attendance
This Stage 3 Advanced Level Course requires a Stage 2 Mobile Hydraulics complimented by Applied Mathematics and Applied Electrical/Electronics Courses
Please go to the NFPC Website on www.nfpc.co.uk and use the FREE Self -Assessment Questionnaire to test your current knowledge before placing your booking.
On completion of this course candidates will know:
CONCEPTS OF MOBILE SYSTEMS & CIRCUITRY
- The Fundamentals of Engine Design and Performance.
- The application of Emission Control on Engines
- The Influence of Engines on Hydraulic system Performance
- How to interpret hydraulic circuits(hydraulic and electrical symbols) and control methods, including failsafe methods.
PUMPS & ASSOCIATED CONTROL SYSTEMS
- Integral Pressure and Flow Control on Pumps.
- Electro Hydraulic Proportional Displacement Control.
- Torque & Power Summation Control.
- Power Shift Concepts.
- Drives & Clutch Arrangements.
MOBILE VALVE CONFIGURATION & CONTROL
- Brief refresher as required
- Series and tandem flow paths applicable to Mobile Valves.
- Double acting motor half motor spool arrangements.
- Remote control via hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical joystick.
- Programmable Valves.
- Valve characteristics including size, flow rates, and pressure drops.
- The principles of Partial/Priority flow control.
- Slip in Cartridge & ISO Interface.
- The principles of proportional valve technology
- Adjustable load sensing systems.
- Actuator levelling with regards to Mobile Valves. Proportional Control.
- Differential Drive Lock Valves.
CLOSED HYDROSTATIC TRANSMISSIONS
- Basic configuration: close coupled motor and pump back to back, multiple pump/motor, and series and parallel operation.
- Over-centre piston pump electronic servo and automotive control.
- Charge pump case flushing (including cooling and heating operations.
- Control valves: freewheel bypass.
- Special control features: Inch control, creep speed, brake defeat function and hydrostatic braking.
- Motor speed/torque control.
- Braking Systems.
HYDROSTATIC STEERING SYSTEMS
- Rotary servo steering units relating to electric motor applications, flow amplifiers, and dual displacement steer units.
- Steering system modes: single ram single rod, single ram double rod, and double rams single rods.
- Emergency steering systems: manual and powered.
To support these Modules and further advance your knowledge, you will receive an additional comprehensive book prepared by NFPC Systems Training Engineers covering: Fundamental Principles, Functional Safety & Standards, Auxiliary Components referring to Construction, Installation and Commissioning, Actuators & Monitoring Devices, Fluid Management & Systems Troubleshooting.
HAVE YOU COMPLETED A STAGE 1 HYDRAULICS COURSE?
If not, we recommend that you take our free self-assessment test, this will test your technical knowledge and will give you a % mark at the end and will recommend what course you should attend.
Please note: this is your responsibility to ensure that you have the required pre-requisite knowledge before booking this Stage 2 course. However, this is a recommendation only.