Stage 2 Principles of Hydraulic System Design - Webinar (3 day course)
3 Day Webinar at the NFPC
Course aims/who is it for?
These Webinars are for those involved in the modification, design and planning of hydraulic fluid power systems.
The course offers an introduction to the formulae and units used in calculating values for prime movers, pumps, hydraulic motors, cylinders, reservoir sizes and selection methods for combination valves. The course also introduces the candidate to the more common building blocks found in hydraulic systems.
The Webinars are created to benefit Technical Sales Representatives, Sales Engineers, Applications Engineers, Project Engineers and Design Engineers involved with writing specifications, planning, purchasing, and designing hydraulic systems.
Please take our quick 3 minute survey to help us specially tailor more great Home-based Webinar Courses – Courses Survey
We welcome you to attend our online TECHNICAL WEBINARS presented by NFPC Training Engineers with vast knowledge and experience involved in the maintenance and management of FLUID POWER SYSTEMS. Each Module will be presented online via ZOOM and Candidate Group numbers per session will be limited to a maximum of 6 and hosted NFPC Training Engineers.
We plan to provide you with an experience close to that of an actual Technical Lecture at the NFPC, allowing you to ask questions throughout the presentations and with our small group approach and the experience of our staff we will further increase your knowledge and understanding of Principles of Hydraulic System Design.
These Webinars will build upon your previous knowledge of the pre-requisite courses:
Stage 1 Hydraulics, Stage 2 Hydraulics, and Applied Mathematics (all of which are available as Webinars presented by the NFPC.
Further to this, our Webinar Co-ordinators at the NFPC will contact you and assist you in every way to establish ZOOM on your home computer system, thereby ensuring that you can gain maximum benefit from our Webinar presentations.
Finally, we do advise YOU to visit the NFPC website “Home-Page” and check out your current knowledge levels using our FOC Self Assessment Questionnaire
3 x 1-Day Home Based Webinars (Every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday)
(£300 per day for 3 Day Webinar Course = (£900 plus VAT)
You can only book this course if you have completed a Stage 1 course or if the relevant pass mark has been obtained on our self-assessment courses.
PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE ALL OF THE FOLLOWING BEFORE BOOKING THIS COURSE:
- PC, Laptop, Tablet or mobile phone with internet capability.
- Internet connection capable of audio and/or video link (you can access zoom just by audio).
- Microphone (either built in to your PC, Laptop, Tablet, mobile phone or separate item).
- Video Camera (either built in to your PC, Laptop, Tablet, mobile phone or separate item).
- Ability to download the Zoom software and install (automatically from the meeting invite link).
Stage 2 Principles of Hydraulic System Design Webinar Modules will be offered from the following dates:
- 3 Day Course will Run – Every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from the December 2020 (Excluding Bank Holidays)
9:00am to 10:30am // BREAK // 10:45am to 12:15pm // LUNCH // 1:00pm to 2:30pm // BREAK // 2:45pm to 4:15pm
We will schedule more of these Webinars based on demand.
On completion of these WEBINARS you will know:
• the methods used to correctly determine the load of a machine.
• the methods used to correctly determine the size the hydraulic actuator (cylinders and hydraulic motors).
• the methods used to correctly select control valves.
• the methods used to correctly size a pump, it’s prime mover and associated reservoir.
• how flow control influences fixed and variable pump circuits, inclusive of system performance.
• how to correctly determine the heating and cooling requirements of a system.
• how to correctly size pipework and hoses.
• how to calculate the flowrate required for turbulent flow flushing.
• how to recognize and implement common circuit tips and techniques to improve machine performance (i.e. unloading, multiple pressure selection, etc.)
• how to correctly place filters for optimum system fluid cleanliness.
• how to plan the duty cycle of a machine
Programme Objectives (applications based), During the sessions of this course you will:
1.Carry out a Case Study applying basic and hydraulic formulae to correctly size the hydraulic system –
2.IMPORTANT NOTE: This Course will involve a number of applied calculations, please ensure that you have access to a calculator.
3.Use SI and common-place derived units of measurement
4.Carry out a simple task to design a hydraulic circuit to achieve a given machine function
Message from John R Savage- NFPC Director –
This initiative by the NFPC Engineers to develop a range of Knowledge-Based Webinars will provide you with an element of Continued
Development, adding further value to you in your place of work, improving your overall performance and effectiveness
We are aware that these unprecedented times are new to us all. This initiative by the NFPC Engineers to develop a range of Knowledge Based Webinars will provide you with an element of Continued Development, adding further value to you in your place of work, when you eventually return.
We are also aware that the NFPC, has built its World Class reputation based on its EXTENSIVE PRACTICAL FACILITIES used to improve both SKILLS and ROLE COMPETENCY- Not all is lost- When the world returns to normal, you can attend the NFPC and pay an additional FEE and we will welcome you to a short REFRESHER and that of HANDS-ON PRACTICAL HYDRAULICS- see below.
To check availability and reserve your Course, contact Anne Clarke on 01909 504539 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Invitation to the Webinar will be 15 minutes before the official start time.
For you gain maximum benefit from our Webinars, you must ensure that your home computer system can effectively launch ZOOM. If you are in doubt before placing your order, feel free to contact the NFPC. We will provide you with a written step by step plan and support you all the way. This is the guarantee that when you pay for these Webinar, you will gain maximum benefit.