Introduction to Hydraulics Course (Basic Awareness Level)
This programme looks at the basic hydraulic principles that underpin the operation of all hydraulic systems, which is reinforced by hands-on training on our practical rigs.
Designed for those who work with or close to fluid power systems, who need to be introduced to hydraulics for the first time. Health and Safety plays an important part and that of following safe working procedures at all times.
Suitable for apprentices & non-technical staff.
The course has a HIGH PRACTICAL content.
2 Day Course (9am – 5pm)
£585.00/pp + VAT
Candidates will receive a comprehensive set of course notes, lunch, refreshments, and certificate of attendance.
- Introduce you to a typical hydraulic system and its associated components providing YOU with a better understanding of the function of the various parts
- Make you aware of the principles on which hydraulic systems operate and the importance of following safe working practices.
- Improve your overall communication skills by understanding the terminology use when dealing with hydraulics
On completion of this course candidates will know:
- Know typical applications of hydraulics in modern life and why we use hydraulics
- Know the parts that form a working circuit and their functionality and the basic principles that underpin all operations
- Know the methods used to convey hydraulic oil and seal accordingly
- Know how to recognise hydraulic symbols used to form a working circuit
- Realise the importance of good contamination management
- Understand the Health and Safety issues when working on hydraulic systems and the need to follow safe working practices
During the practical section of this course candidates will engage in and apply the following skills:
- Recognise a typical circuit diagram and construct a basic working circuit safely whilst following step by step procedures to set up various controls