Introduction to Hydraulic Closed Loop Control
This course is for those involved in the maintenance and management of systems within every sector where Hydraulic Closed Loop Control is applied.
This introductory level course takes a complex subject and applies a down to earth approach relating to the knowledge required by YOU to better manage and maintain Closed Loop Control Systems. The extensive knowledge and experience of the Systems Training Engineer, Stephen Barrett, is your guarantee of the effectiveness and value of this training course to you. This is an ideal follow on from our 1 day course, “Electro-Hydraulic Servo and Proportional Systems”.
Stephen Barrett (NFPC Associate)
With over 42 years’ experience Stephen has a detailed knowledge of a broad spectrum of industrial hydraulic and motion control engineering disciplines. An accomplished trainer having trained over 850 delegates in subjects covering fluid power and control, safety and numerous software packages within the motion control industry. Stephen’s clients range from Airbus to Tata to Jaguar Land Rover to JCB and encompass a range of industries sectors from agriculture to renewables to subsea exploration.
“The course completed by Steven was extremely useful and very well explained. It is clear that Steven is not only knowledgeable but is proficient in teaching and getting his point across.” Global Marine Systems
Day 1 – Lecture-Based
Day 2 – Practical
£985.00 per person plus VAT – Max 4 per course
The cut off date to book onto this course is 7 days before the start date
Candidates will receive a comprehensive set of course notes, lunch, refreshments and certificate of attendance.
General working knowledge of hydraulic systems employing servo and proportional valves.
Previously attended NFPC Stage 1 and 2 courses or equivalent plus Level 1 Electro-Hydraulic Servo and Proportional Systems.
- To enable you to define closed loop control and better understand the difference between open and closed loop systems
- To better understand the meaning of the terms: feedback, error, control modes and safe operation and the overall effects on hydraulic system performance
- Develop a better overall knowledge of the interface of electronics with hydraulics during closed loop control
On completion of this course candidates will know:
- Know why closed loop control is used for industry specific applications
- Know the basics relating to Force (Load) and Displacement (Position) Control
- Know the procedures to follow to set up a basic servo loop in respect to, servo balancing, use of set points and PID control
- Know the types of transducers used in closed loop control
After attending the Stage 1 Hydraulics course, you can attend a further 2 days to become certified to an International standard by gaining the competence based BFPA/CETOP Level 1 Hydraulics qualification (an additional cost of £550.00 + VAT per person is required and a certification fee of £35 + VAT is payable to BFPA). Please contact us if you wish to become certified after completing your Stage 1 Hydraulics course.