Stage 2 Industrial Hydraulics
Designed for Plant Managers, Engineers, Technicians & Craftsmen involved in the maintenance & management of fluid power systems, also Technical Representatives.
The programme will focus on installation, commissioning, testing & fault diagnosis & will involve a high degree of ‘hands-on’ practical training to support the further development of the vital skills required to manage & maintain today’s complex systems.
For engineers working offshore, we can allocate specific course time to the Stage 2 Industrial programme to cover specific offshore applications and carry out relevant practical tasks.
The course has a HIGH PRACTICAL content.
4 day course over 5 days (Start time : – 1.00 pm Monday – 12.30 Friday)
£1195/pp + VAT
Candidates will receive a comprehensive set of course, notes, lunch, refreshments & a certificate of attendance.
This Stage 2 Level Course requires a Stage 1 Level of Knowledge before attending. If you feel your knowledge level is beyond Stage 1 Hydraulics, please go to the NFPC Website on www.nfpc.co.uk and use the FREE OF CHARGE Self-Assessment Questionnaire to test your current knowledge before placing your booking.
- To take your overall knowledge and skills to the next level to enable you to better manage and maintain complex hydraulic systems with a range of controls
- Ensure that you know the causes of failure in hydraulic systems and apply the necessary preventative measures and know the procedures to follow to carry-out effective fault diagnosis
On completion of this course candidates will know:
- The function of pilot controlled DCV’s, logic cartridge valves, proportional valves and load holding valves
- Operation and performance of pumps and pump controls in common use
- The recommended procedures to follow for installation and commissioning
- The maintenance techniques in current use and their effectiveness
- The causes of failure in a hydraulic system and the fault finding procedures to follow
- Risk assessment and the health and safety requirements for hydraulic systems
During the practical section of this course candidates will engage in and apply the following skills
- Build hydraulic circuits by interpreting a hydraulic diagram
- Set pressure control valves for relief, sequence, reducing and counterbalance functions
- Connect the electrical interface to the hydraulic controls using manual switches and pressure switches
- Apply hydraulic and electrical sequencing techniques
- Apply load holding techniques
- Set up an amplifier to operate a proportional DCV
- Compare pump pressure compensator and load sensing controllers
- Apply specific fault finding techniques to hydraulic circuits
HAVE YOU COMPLETED A STAGE 1 HYDRAULICS COURSE?
If not, we recommend that you take our free self-assessment test, this will test your technical knowledge and will give you a % mark at the end and will recommend what course you should attend.
Please note: this is your responsibility to ensure that you have the required pre-requisite knowledge before booking this Stage 2 course. However, this is a recommendation only.